In this session, we had to apply the theory of the 6 thinking hats to our project 1.
- Option 1 – Paper brand
- Option 2 – Ethical coffee brand
- Option 3 – Dreams as products
From each of these options, we had to create a mind map using the 6 thinking hats and apply them.
As I chose to go forward and develop my thoughts with option 2, I mainly focused my energy into this mind map.
Option 2 – Ethical Coffee Brand
- It’s hot
- Not everyone likes it
- Older target audience
- Nice branding
- High demand
- Easy target audience
- Gives energy
- Most people drink coffee
- Environmentally friendly
- Reusable cups
- Cheaper and better to have at home rather than shop or cafe
- Branding – want some colour
- Brining cups back for cheaper drink
- Colourful branding
- Easily packaging
- Spain – coffee after dinner
- Ethiopia is where it originates
- Arabic is original coffee word – “Kahve”
- It’s everywhere
- Buy it most places
- Where will the ethnicity part come in
- Who will this be targeted at
- What name
- Plan for action
By applying these thinking hats to my option, it made me think more of how I was going to produce my ethical coffee brand.
This workshop has helped with my option as it has made me research more and helped develop my coffee brand. I took into consideration more with the facts and the feelings. As this is my developing work, I am wanting the 6 thinking hats theory to come across my work.