Research task- “Place of humankind in an environment of signs: remediation and/or dematerialisation of the artefact”
(Part of blog titled above)
- Music video – signs for lyrics
- Lyric video
- Name of team
- Name of project
- Image blown up and tiled on Photoshop to A3 paper
- Layering images in front of each other to create distortion
- Projection of image on top
In this workshop, we were looking into the title of our research. We could present our idea in any way we thought.
In my group, we took into consideration the original photo of the sign embedded into the tree, which shows in itself the place of humankind in an environment of signs. With this chosen image, we developed a range of ideas of how to present this piece of work in the corridor of our class as an exhibition.
We decided as a team to blow up this image to make it eye catching. I then suggested to layer up the image with different sized pieces of paper and to have it hung from the ceiling, to make people more interactive with the piece and more interested. Unfortunately due to health and safety we could not do that. However, the backup plan was to layer up images on top of the large piece, and to also leave a box full of images, like a puzzle, for people to interact and look into detail our piece of work.
- Place of humankind in an environment of signs – remediation and/or dematerialisation of the artefact
- As a team we developed an idea together to produce this layered collage influenced by the original photo we chose using paper